FAC POOL RULES
For your safety and for the safety of children using our pool, we ask that you abide by the following pool policies/rules when using our FAC Aquatic facilities:
- No coolers are permitted on the pool deck, except if provided by FAC employees and provided specifically for programs like pool parties, summer camps and special events.
- Children under the age of 12 will be permitted in the pool area during Family swim hours, provided that the child(ren) have Junior memberships. A parent, legal guardian, sponsoring member must be present at the same body of water that the child(ren) are in at all times.
- Any child under 12 who can not continuously swim 25 meters must be directly and actively supervised by a parent, legal guardian or sponsoring member who remains within 10 feet of the child at all times.
- Beginning summer 2013, all children will be swim tested. Those who pass the swim test will be issued a FAC wrist band that we ask them to wear at all times while in and around the pool.
- An adult must accompany children age 12-15 when lifeguards are not on duty. Children under the age of 12 are not permitted to use the swimming pool during non-family swim times. We will provide a certified lifeguard during family swim hours.
- Children must be at least 3 months old to use the swimming pools.
- Please ensure that there are no more than three children under the supervision of one adult.
- Children 3 months to 3 years old must wear swim diapers and/or tight fitting rubber or plastic pants.
- A full body soap and water shower is required prior to pool entry. All oils and lotions must be showered off.
- Proper swim attire is required in the pools and/or whirlpools. Jeans and workout apparel are not allowed.
- A t-shirt and shorts (or cover up) and shoes must be worn when exiting the locker room and/or Aquatics area to go to other areas of the club.
- Running, wrestling or other rough play is not allowed
- Inappropriate language or behavior is not allowed.
- Lifeguards and all Aquatics team members must be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with pool rules, whether written or verbal, may result in removal from the Aquatics Center and/or suspension or revocation of membership.
- If there is lightning or thunder in the immediate area, ALL aquatics areas will be closed immediately, up to and including indoor pool and whirlpools. All members will be asked to to clear the pool deck until the lightning and/or thunder has left the immediate area.
- Strollers and chairs must be kept 10 feet from the pool to ensure adequate visual and physical clearance for the lifeguards.
- Floatation devices may be used as long as you can not blow air into them. Lifejackets are provided by the Aquatics team members on a first-come/ first served basis. Please return the lifejackets once you are finished using them.
- Kickboards, noodles, or other floatation and swim instruction aids are not allowed in the pools except when used with organized FAC programming.
- Small pool toys from home are permitted as long as they are used appropriately.
- Users must ride on their back or bottom, feet first and keep arms and legs inside slide at all times.
- For safety reasons, standing, stopping, turning, rotating, kneeling, and head first riding is not allowed.
- Jewelry of any kind (necklaces, rings, bracelets, pins, etc.), keys and other items which may scratch the slide must be removed prior to the use of the slide.
- Slide users must walk up the stairs, single file. Running, cutting or horseplay is not allowed.
- Slide users must move quickly to the nearest ladder upon exiting the slide.
- Lifejackets are NOT permitted on the slides.
- Parents/guardians are not allowed to wait at the base of the slide in the flume drop area. They may however, wait outside the roped area to meet their children once they have exited the drop area.
- Lap pools are for ages 12 and older.
- Kickboards, fins and snorkeling equipment may be used.
- Please offer to share a lane when the pool is busy.
- Whirlpools may be used by individuals who are age 12 and older.
- Exercising in the steam or sauna is strictly prohibited
- When entering the steam room and or sauna, please cover up with the minimum of a towel.
- Any participant with heart problems, high blood pressure, pregnancy or those with elevated heart rates are not permitted to use the steam room or sauna.