What Does it Mean to Make Balls?
- Know your ability level and stay within it.
- Your ability level is a combination of how hard you can hit the ball and how close to the line you can hit.
- All tennis players should constantly be improving their ability level and re-evaluating where you are.
How Can you Get Better at Making Balls?
- Admit if you are losing matches because of consistency.
- Hit the ball at practice that you will hit in your tournaments.
- Start thinking about your mistakes like this…(1) Do I need to put more spin on the ball? (2) Do I need to aim further from the line?
- Over the course of time — due to getting bigger, faster, stronger, and logging practice hours — slowly start increasing the speed of the ball you hit and how close to the line you hit.
- Continue re-evaluating what your abilities are factoring all relevant factors — time off, weather, situational tennis…