May 1, 2020
To our FAC Community,
We hope you and your families are safe, healthy and happy during this challenging time. Given Governor Hutchinson’s announcement yesterday regarding reopening athletic clubs and gyms, we will reopen FAC on Monday, May 4, 2020. We have a core team of essential employees that have been working hard, deep cleaning and sanitizing our club. Our team at FAC looks forward to getting back to work and helping all of you re-engage in the sports, fitness and recreational activities that you love. As we prepare for reopening, we would like to highlight some changes that you can expect as we navigate this “new normal” to keep you & our staff safe.
During Phase 1 we will:
- Screen staff every time they enter FAC with a temperature check (100.4°F threshold) and questions.
- Screen members every time they enter the club with questions.
- Require everyone in FAC to wear masks except when exercising.
- Provide cleaning and sanitation throughout the day.
- Make hospital grade wipe dispensers and alcohol-based hand sanitizing stations available to members throughout the club.
- Use as part of a day and night layered cleaning protocol, a disinfecting product that lists Coronavirus on its efficacy sheet.
- Install airPHX®/Sports patented disinfection equipment units. These units will safely and continuously eliminate bacteria, viruses and other harmful airborne and surface organisms throughout FAC.
- Prop doors open wherever possible
- Monitor weight floors and other high traffic areas for proper spacing with a general guideline of 150 square feet per person, maximum.
- Limit the size of group fitness classes and indicate proper spacing in classes with floor markings.
- Take 50% of the cardio equipment out of service to provide spacing between machines.
- Close all pools, steam rooms, saunas, whirlpools and showers in compliance with state phase 1 guidelines.
- Temporarily cancel basketball and racquetball.
- Open Retreat Spa and Cadence Cafe at a later date.
For a detailed look at the specific areas within the club please see our plan below.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
You can help FAC by remembering to:
- Wash or sanitize your hands often
- Wear a mask in FAC other than when you are actively exercising.
- Please allow one machine gap between you and your neighbor in the weight room and cardio area.
- Wipe down equipment before and after each use
- Give each other space and follow the social distancing signs
- Eat a nutrient-dense diet comprised of whole foods like meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts and whole grains while avoiding sugar, refined grains, processed or packaged foods.
- Get at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep a night to help allow your body time to perform preventive maintenance, which helps bolster the immune system.
- Spend time outdoors to help naturally boost your vitamin D levels and/or consider supplementing with vitamin D+K2.
- Consider taking supplements proven to help support immunity like the high-quality vitamins and minerals
- Get at least 20 minutes a day of exercise to prime the immune system, help combat bacteria and viruses.
- Most importantly, if you or your family members feel sick, have a fever, are coughing, have difficulty breathing, or if in the last two weeks you have been in close contact with a person with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, please stay home.
We are very grateful to have a community of members at FAC that are like family to us. We miss you all and can’t wait to be together again. If you have any questions or need any additional assistance, please email email@example.com.
With appreciation and tremendous gratitude,
Fayetteville Athletic Club, Owner/Operator